Flying insect control is not just dealing with an “annoyance.” Public health can be threatened, and business interruption possible, via the presence of Fruit flying infections.” Real control is a function of knowing the Fruit flying infection fundamentals.
- Do interview your client to gather detailed information regarding Fruit fly pressures and possible sources (demonstrates your genuineness and professionalism).
- Do determine the fly species.
- Do conduct a floor temperature survey using a laser thermometer (〉70°F favors Fruit fly emergence and 〈60° does not).
- Do recommend employing a service provider for linens, rags,
- Do suggest routine cleaning within elevator pits, sump lifts, under loading docks, and the surface of dumpster pads (a written cleaning schedule).
- Don’t allow expensive produce to spoil (bring to mind storing within refrigeration as there is always room).
- Don’t overlook cleaning of refuse containers (emphasize daily cleaning and use trash bags).
- Don’t tolerate delayed maintenance issues such as plumbing leaks, cracks in flooring, and divides in wall-coverings (insist on repairs).
- Don’t accept holes in window and door screens (replace or repair using 16 mesh screen).
- Don’t ignore landscape irrigation systems (encourage proper watering calibration).
Competent interventions result from knowing the fundamental Dos and Don’ts. Effective interventions deliver both long-term, referring customers and recurring revenue![/box]
To download “PestWest Newsletter 411- Issue 22” in print ready format, please click HERE
or on the image below.